photo Redhead-SaysNAV-HOME.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-ABOUT.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-CONTACT.png

Saturday, May 11, 2024

ELAINE'S CHEESE COOKIES

 


Elaine is my mother and these are her famous Cheese Cookies.
They are so Cheesy and Delicious!

My mother made these all the time for parties and family get togethers.
You never saw a Cocktail Party or Bridge Club that 
these Cheese Cookies didn't show up at.

My kids absolutely loved them while they grew up visiting
Grandma Elaine because she always had some
frozen dough in the freezer to whip into the oven for them to gobble up.

I started making Elaine's Cheese Cookies for my family now and
hope my granddaughter Betty will love them just as much
as Elaine's friends & family did.


There is hardly any work to making Elaine's Cheese Cookies.
The work is finding "Kraft Old English",

I don't see this cheese in stores anymore so Amazon came to the rescue!


In a large bowl add 1 stick of soft butter.

My mom used Margarine but I use Butter and please
don't tattle on me for this swap :)


Grab the star of Elaine's Cheese Cookies and remember
this recipe started years way back.

A Retro Ingredient.


Tumble in two jars of Kraft Old English to the 
butter and add a tsp of salt.


Pour into the bowl 1 1/4 cups of flour.


Give the bowl a good mix with a fork and then just
go in with your hands to get it all combined.


Use an ice cream scoop to help roll the dough
into small rounds like these.

I bet my mom used a spoon.


Cover and let chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or
until you are ready to bake or freeze the rounds for a later day.


I am going to pretend I have Bridge Club
coming like mom had all the time....

I don't know how to play Bridge :) :) :)

Place the cheese rounds on a sheet pan with buttered up Parchment Paper.

 Bet my mom never used Parchment Paper Back then too. 

Off to a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes so keep an eye on them.


My timer is set.


Elaine's Cheese Cookies looks & smell bring back
Great Memories!


Think I need a Martini like my mom and dad had
because it's Cocktail Hour.


This bite is Chewy, Cheesey And Delicious.
YUM!


Please Do Not Tattle On Me Again...

Sometimes I add cheese on top half way through the baking.

Sometimes I have added....

Green Olives
Sausage
Pimento Cheese
Red Pepper Flakes

Most of the time I just keep it simple like my mom did :)


Think I will have another Elaine's Cheese Cookie while
I have a glass of wine because..... I don't
drink Martinis :)

Happy Mothers Day To All The Mom's Out There!


My Mom Elaine XOXO

Enjoy!



No comments

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio