photo Redhead-SaysNAV-HOME.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-ABOUT.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-CONTACT.png

Saturday, October 1, 2016

GOOD MORNING SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE


This casserole is my special baby and my personal go to for brunches. It's rich, cheesy and creamy.  
Did I tell you it also has Jimmy Dean Sausage in it? You have to make this the night
before which leaves very little to do the morning of your party. Leave it out
 for your guest to serve themselves. Let's just call BRUNCH what it is…
an excuse to drink alcohol in the morning :)


All my ingredients ready to go. Lets get cooking.


Saute 1 small onion & red pepper together in a pan, let it cool. Cook up 1 pound of Jimmy Dean Sausage and let it also cool.


In a large bowl crack in 10 eggs.


Whisk together eggs and 3 cups of half-n-half.


Add in two chopped green onions.


Pinch of salt & pepper.


Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish well.


With some day old french bread cube up 6 cups. Scatter half of
the bread cubes on to the bottom of the dish.


You will need 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese but at this 
point sprinkle 1 1/2 cups over the bread. Save the rest of the
cheese to sprinkle over just before baking the casserole.


Next layer is your peppers and onions.


Yes my Jimmy Dean Sausage. #Love


Toss all over the top the last of the bread cubes.


Pour your custard next.


Looks like we are finish.


Cove and refrigerate till morning. The bread needs time soak up all the goodness.
In the morning just top the dish with the remaining cheese and bake
 in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 55 to 60 minutes.


I actually made two casseroles for my adorable guest at my brunch
because we were having a crowd. I was thinking 
the leftovers would be fantastic!!!


Well my Good Morning Sausage Egg Casserole was a hit again.
This was all that was left. :)


This slice is all for me.


After this bite you will see why this is my special baby to serve for a brunch.

Enjoy!

P.S.

My brunch last Sunday was in honor of Halsey & Patrick's up coming wedding
for their family and friends. Its was a fun day. So if you are throwing a brunch
for a special occasion make..

Good Morning Sausage Egg Casserole! 

No comments

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio