photo Redhead-SaysNAV-HOME.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-ABOUT.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-CONTACT.png

Monday, October 3, 2016

ROASTED BUTTERNUT ZIG-ZAG SQUASH


Crinkle cut butternut squash is versatile enough for salads, soup, stir-fry, casseroles
but for me I "love" it as a snack. Tell me this squash doesn't look like
a dish of French Fries :)


I love everything about this time of year. I love the fashion (the scarfs, gloves, and hats). I love all the seasonal vegetables, pumpkins, squash and yams. Need I say more.


I happened to be at Trader Joe's over the weekend and I totally snapped up the 
Zig-Zag Butternut Squash. They looked like french fries…
so I made a delicious healthy snack


Even though I love squash in a cube for roasting I found something new!!!


The Zig-Zag Shape. 


I just tossed the squash in a roasting pan with a drizzle of olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Roasted them in a 425 degrees oven for about 15 minutes.


Roasted butternut squash just about sums up the start of Fall. 



How good does this look but I need to accessorize my squash.


A little Parmesan cheese never hurts anything.


Took my bowl of Zig-Zag pasta into the other room to enjoy a movie
and listen to our first bit of fall rain come down. Have a bite.

Enjoy!

P.S.


Get your apron tied tight and start your fall cooking.

No comments

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio