photo Redhead-SaysNAV-HOME.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-ABOUT.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-CONTACT.png

Friday, September 16, 2016

SPICY PEPPER AND CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE


I have to confess I am not Italian but then again this is not an "Italian Sauce" either. I am so enthusiastic about this sauce because it's just about the easiest, speediest one to whip up. Yes, all the Swagger that
a sauce has that cooks for hours on the stove top is in this green pot and it did not cook for hours!
Savoy & Sweet Delicious…


I started with several varieties of peppers from my garden and cheery tomatoes.
No measuring is required just the vegetables you have on hand.


Give the peppers & cherry tomatoes a good chop. Drizzle in some olive oil.


Add in two whole tomatoes chopped up, some basil leaves and Salt & Pepper.


My secret ingredient and don't leave it out, three slices on Pancetta. Cook on a
low heat for about 15 minutes till all the vegetables are tender
and the tomatoes are bursting their juices.
Give several stirs as it cooks.


Loving the smell more.


Grab you immersion blender and blend away. Remember Pancetta is in there :)


Whip It Whip It Good.


Add in some red pepper flakes.


Toss in a little Parmesan cheese.


Now have a taste. This sauce is so good it could be a soup. To be honest with you I have plans for this 
Spicy Pepper And Cherry Tomato Sauce. Like pouring the sauce over paste, sausages or chicken?
I will leave you now wondering where  I will be dressing up
 one of my dishes in a later Blog… hmmmm
  

Enjoy!

No comments

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio