photo Redhead-SaysNAV-HOME.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-ABOUT.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-CONTACT.png

Sunday, September 18, 2022

CHICKEN TACO SOUP

 


When the weather falls 1 degree below 70 ...

I gotta focus fast

I'm shifting into Soup Mode!

Chicken Taco Soup is my favorite soup and cooler weather and busy schedules
means that soup recipes start appearing on the dinner table.

What I love about this recipe is that it's an eye ball recipe....no measuring!

Throw in a pot some chicken, broth, seasonings, peppers, tomatoes,
onions, corn. beans and go!


Saute up some onions and peppers in olive oil.


Dash of salt & pepper.


Sashayyyyy over to the pantry and grab some ingredients :)


To the pot add about 2 cans of Fire Roasted Tomatoes.


Tumble in a can of  Diced Green Chiles, more if you love green chiles.


 Pre-cooked roast chicken from the market works perfect :)


Chop the chicken up into bite size pieces and toss it in the pot...I like lots.


Sprinkle in about 2 packets of prepared Taco Seasoning. You may add more later.


Pour in some chicken broth. I used about 2-32 oz boxes in this soup.
You can always add more later depending how you like your soup.


Plop in some of your favorite salsa.


Bring the soup to a boil then down to a simmer.

Have a taste. I decided my soup needed a bit more Taco Seasoning.


Pull the soup off the stove and grab some drained
black beans and some frozen corn.


Drop into the soup as much corn and beans as you like.
I love corn so I went nuts on the amount I put in.


Back on the stove for a 15 minute simmer.


Put a lid on it and bring the Chicken Taco Soup to the table.


This is a pot of intoxicating Aroma!

Grab a bowl of soup and maybe top it off with some....

Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Hot Sauce
Avocados
Tortilla Chips
Cilantro


Oh please have a sip because it's just cozy delicious.

Enjoy!

P.S.


If you have any Chicken Taco Soup left over it freezes brilliantly :)

Enjoy!

P.S.


Soup & Sweater Weather :)

No comments

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio