photo Redhead-SaysNAV-HOME.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-ABOUT.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-CONTACT.png

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

CHEDDAR AND RITZ CRACKER VIDALIA ONION PIE


This Cheddar and Ritz Cracker Onion Pie is dangerously delicious!

The recipe is really easy to prepare. Ritz cracker crust adds that special touch and crunch.
I am definitely going to be incorporating Ritz cracker crust into future recipes.

Vidalia Onion Pie was beyond fabulous. I enjoyed every single bite. Try serving it
alongside grilled meats or all by itself. Let me know if
you only have one slice ;)


Yes, grab a box of Ritz Crackers.


Make two cups of Ritz cracker crumbs in the food processor.


Pour one cup of melted butter into the crumbs.


Give it all a good mix.


Press the crumb mixture into a pie plate.


For the filling grab about four medium onions.


Thinly slice the Vadalia onions. Yes I am crying!


Saute Vidalia onions in about 4 table spoons of butter until clear.


Now set the onions aside.


Crack two eggs into a bowl.


Pour in a cup of milk into the eggs.


3/4 teaspoon of salt and a dash of pepper.


Give the bowl a good whipping.


Tumble the onions into the pie crust. I could eat the onions like this...Just Saying


Pour the egg mixture all over the top of the Vidalia onions.


Here's another great ingredient, "Sharp Cheddar Cheese".

Sprinkle about 2/3 cups of cheese all over the top. I am not watching so add more CHEESE.


A little smokey paprika never hurt anyone.

Off to a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes till crust is golden brown.


Yes, my Cheddar and Ritz Cracker Visalia Onion Pie is done.


Garnish with some chives.


I definitely need a little slice to make sure it is 
as good as it looks before I serve it to my guests :)


Omg...Buttery crust, sweet onions and melted Cheddar cheese
I have fallen in LOVE.

Please have a bite.


Ritz cracker crust I will be seeing you often.

Enjoy!

P.S.

Vidalia Onion History

Vidalia onions are the namesake of Vidalia, Georgia where they thrive. At their best, these large, pale yellow onions are exceedingly sweet and juicy. They're usually available much of the year.

P.S

Joke Time!

My friend thinks she is so smart. She said onions are the only food that makes you cry.
So I threw a coconut at her. :)

No comments

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio