photo Redhead-SaysNAV-HOME.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-ABOUT.png photo Redhead-SaysNAV-CONTACT.png

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

CROCK POT MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST


Where has this pot roast been all my life? I came across this recipe and had to try it. Apparently It has been around for years and I did not know it. Why it is called Mississippi Pot Roast? You will find out.
Generally when you talk about beef, you're talking Texas. But what ever
 they call it it's all good with me. All I know is that it is just
Scrumptious and I will use no other recipe
AGAIN…


Yes this all that that goes into the crockpot.

3lb Chuck Roast
2 tbsp olive oil
salt & Pepper
1 packet Ranch Dressing
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup salted butter ( Don't Complain About This )
8 Peperoncini Peppers


Lay your beef into the crockpot. Sprinkle packets of Ranch Dressing
and Onion Soup mixes over the top of the beef
and top with a stick of butter.


Cover and cook on low for 8 Hours. I don't' know about you but where
I live in Marin County California we have been having some
fierce rain storms.  There is nothing better than cooking in
my Crock Pot and watching good movie
on a rainy day.


Be sure to check on your Pot Roast while It's cooking for
no other reason than it smells flipping amazing!


Take two forks and shred the meat. For sure pour some of the juices over the top!
The meat comes out so tender and buttery by cooking low and slow
in The Crock Pot.


You can serve this meat by itself, over mash potatoes or polenta.
This would be delicious on a hard roll with 
melted provolone cheese :)


A little secret, my husband John had some of this left over
Mississippi Pot Roast for breakfast in the
morning with his scramble eggs.
Seriously it's that
GOOD!


Have a little bite and get the whole great story behind The Mississippi Pot Roast.

Enjoy!

P.S.


Rain Rain Go Away!


And Come Back Another Day.

No comments

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio